Vornado heater

CPSC

Space heaters recalled due to fire hazard

Recall comes after death of a Minnesota man last year

August 23, 2018 - 11:25 am
Categories: 

Thousands of space heaters have been recalled following the death of a Minnesota man last year.

Vornado Air is recalling their VH-101 Personal Vortex Heaters after the death of a 90-year-old Chanhassen man in a fire last December. 

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says they've received a total of 19 reports of the heaters catching fire. The company is urging people to not use them and to contact them to receive a replacement or refund. 

The heaters are sold at Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Depot and Menards as well as online. 

It's believed that there are some 350 thousand of the heaters in use. 

You can find more information about the recall here.