Official cause determined in U of M fraternity death

Dylan Fulton died Sept. 12 in what's been ruled an accident

Sloane Martin
October 13, 2018 - 7:36 am
Categories: 

The official cause of death for a U of M fraternity member is accidental asphyxiation.

Dylan Fulton, 20, of Miller, S.D., had alcohol in his system when he died at Alpha Gamma Rho on Sept. 12.

According to the medical examiner, he passed out and choked on his vomit. His death has been ruled an accident. 

The U of M chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho was suspended by the fraternity's national office.

In a statement reported by the Pioneer Press, Dylan's parents Paul and Kayleen Fulton said, "Our Dylan isn’t coming home. Please talk to your kids and keep talking, because it can happen to anyone.”